Join the 5BMF Board of Directors
Five Boroughs Music Festival strives to enrich communities and cultivate new audiences by bringing world-class, affordable chamber music to all corners of New York City. We collaborate with local cultural institutions to present up-and-coming artists alongside the genre’s most distinguished performers. And we challenge the standard definition of ‘chamber music’ by presenting a broad range of musical styles, from early music to contemporary works, world music and other non-classical forms.
5BMF’s dedicated and passionate Board of Directors is comprised of professionals from many different industries, including the performing arts, human resources, health, law, and others. As a “working board,” the members are actively involved in guiding 5BMF’s short- and long-term goals, working closely with 5BMF’s staff on artistic planning, audience stewardship, fundraising and development, and organizational governance.
If you are excited by our mission, want to provide strong governance leadership on the Board, and are ready to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for our organization, we would love to hear from you!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in (but not limited to): Finance & Accounting; Law Human Resources; Marketing & Communications; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Passion for chamber music & arts in New York City
- Experience as a Board member of a not-for-profit
- Residence in the New York City area desired
- Board Directors are expected to attend all Board meetings (approximately 12 per year), including the Annual General Meeting. Board meetings are typically an hour to two hours in length and may be attended virtually or in person
- Director terms are one year in length. It is ideal if Directors make a 3-year commitment to ensure continuity
- Directors are encouraged to attend 5BMF concerts and bring their friends
- Directors are encouraged to promote and participate in 5BMF events, including our annual fundraiser
How to Apply:
If you are interested in exploring a volunteer position on our Board or would like more information, please email our Board Chair, Emily Kennerley, at info@5BMF.org.
5BMF is committed to a safe, inclusive, and collaborative environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. As such, individuals from diverse backgrounds, including race, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, and mental illness are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
5BMF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for participating candidates.